- 1 pound fresh dates
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- Remove the pits from the dates and arrange in 6 individual serving dishes.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the flour turns golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove the flour mixture from the heat and stir in the cardamom.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- While still warm, pour over the warm dates and allow to cool to room temperature before serving.